21 Mar How to Cultivate a Growth Mindset for your Entrepreneurial Journey
We’ve all heard it before, mindset is key. And you know what, it actually is! However it is critical that you continuously work on yourself and your wellbeing and cultivate a growth mindset along the way.
We are all born with unique gifts and talents, some of us are fortunate enough to become clear on this from an early age, while some of us have multi-passions and are multi-talented, others still are scrabbling about in their twilight years still trying to figure out what their passions and drivers are, while others are content working their 9-5 for the whole of their career. There’s no right or wrong, each of us are very different and have our own unique paths to walk.
However, the one underlying driver to a success career, business, life… is your mindset. It is this that determines your thinking, and your thinking determines the actions you take. And it is your actions that will unlock your untapped potential.
Humans can essentially be divided into having two different mindsets; the growth mindset and the fixed mindset.
When your mindset is fixed, you may find yourself getting beaten by ‘apparent’ failures and attribute this to your inabilities. You may become a lot more risk averse, resistant to change and self-conscious. There is only one way to do things, and you cannot deviate from this fixed perception.
However having a growth mindset is a lot more suited to the ups and downs of the entrepreneurial world. This rollercoaster ride of highs and lows is not for the fainthearted! But if you can learn from your experiences and not attribute failure, this will give you the ability to analyse problems and obstacles more deeply and bounce back from adversities more effectively.
There is a lot of truth in the saying, “what doesn’t kill you will only make you stronger”, it will also make you a lot more resourceful.
Ways to Cultivate a Growth Mindset:
- Embrace the learning process – there is no such thing as failure. Be flexible and be prepared to learn about yourself and your niche along the way.
- Get creative, innovative and find your flow – do this by regularly silencing your mind, finding that quiet space so you can hear your intuition.
- Start with the end in mind – what is your vision? remember your WHY.
- Affirm what you are, not what you aren’t. Having a key affirmation / mantra is essential. Celebrate your future goals and vision, and show gratitude for it now.
- Accept that there is no end point – instead of letting this overwhelm you, learn to manage your energy levels as well as your time.
- Invest in yourself, not just your business. Investing in your emotional health and wellbeing is the starting point for any business. Ensuring that your mindset is in top form and you are resilient no matter what this journey throws at you is key.
Success is 80% mindset, 20% strategy. Fact.
If you are on the entrepreneurial journey and in need of some support in the form of a Mindset & Resilience Coach, then please feel free to connect. I’d love to grab a virtual coffee with you and see if I can help. You can reach me on firstname.lastname@example.org